The Department of Veterans Affairs, under fire for unauthorized and wasteful spending at two Florida conferences, has more than tripled its expenditures for such events over six years.
Follow the link. The story is copyrighted, so I can’t blog it verbatim.
- U.S. Veterans Agency Triples Conference Spending in Six Years – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Department of Veterans Affairs’ spending for conferences triples over 6 years (triblive.com)
- VA takes title for shameless spending (hamptonroads.com)
- U.S. Veterans Agency Official Resigns Before Report on Spending (bloomberg.com)
- Probe Slams VA Over Summit Cost (foxnews.com)
- IG Report: Dep’t of Veterans Affairs Wasted $762K of Taxpayers’ Money on Conferences (cnsnews.com)
- High VA official quits after probe (seattletimes.com)
- Veterans agency shaken over wasted expenses, official resigns (news.terra.com)
- Wasteful spending cited at VA events (wjla.com)
- U.S. Congress questions $5 million Veterans Affairs conferences (news.terra.com)