After being blasted by Republicans, embarrassed Democrats have reinstated language into their party platform that recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel as well as the words “God-given” that had been removed.
Read more on Newsmax.com: Democrats Restore References to God and Jerusalem to Platform
The platform wording was changed in a voice vote among Democratic delegates on the floor of their convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.
There were a number of “no” votes recorded, and it took convention chair Antonio Villaraigosa, the Los Angeles mayor, several attempts to get the “yes” vote recorded.
And even after the vote, many thought the crowd of delegates on the floor was split 50-50, rather than delivering the two-thirds majority needed.
“I think it is a mistake and I’m not happy about it,” Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-NY, said of the original language.
“I disagree with that platform,” Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-NY, added.
The Democrats have rejected God! They turned their backs on God! Only after more than one vote did they (reluctantly) put God back into their convention wording. And after getting a two-thirds majority vote, Delegates on the Convention floor booed and hissed!
Isn’t our motto: In God We Trust?
Is the Democratic Party a party against God? Is the Democratic Party a party for Satan?
Whose side are YOU on? Tell you what—I do not affiliate with either party. I always voted for the candidate I liked better. But if I WAS a Democrat, I would immediately change my affiliation and leave the Democrats to burn in Hell without me!
A vote for Obama is a vote against God. Maybe Barack Obama thinks HE is God.
Or the Anti-Christ.
- Just in: Democrats update platform with Jerusalem, God reference (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- God and Jerusalem restored to Dem platform (timesleader.com)
- DNC Almighty Nightmare In Charlotte: Now Dems Put God And Jerusalem Language Back Into The Platform (blogs.cbn.com)
- Re: Democratic Delegates Boo “Jerusalem” (commentarymagazine.com)
- Dems Ram ‘God’ and Jerusalem Back into Platform… (breitbart.com)
- Obama nudges Dems to add Israel, God to platform (cbsnews.com)
- Romney Fires Back (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Democrats Boo God (radio.foxnews.com)
- REPORT: Obama had seen language prior to convention ‘but did not seek to change it’… (politico.com)