The following link will take you to Yahoo News for a very good explanation of the candidates’ differences.
My thoughts about this? Children who were brought here illegally by their parents really had no choice in the matter. If they want to be U.S. citizens, they should be required to spend a minimum of two years in military service, serving honorably and receive an Honorable Discharge or, under certain circumstances, a General Discharge. Anything less would result in the illegal immigrant being forcibly sent back across the border into Mexico.
Those illegal immigrants who are not physically qualified to serve in the military should be required to serve the U.S. in other ways, i.e., the Peace Corps, community service, helping deliver hot meals to Seniors, helping the homeless, in homeless shelters, and so on, also for a minimum of two years.
This is not an unreasonable requirement. They are, truly, illegal immigrants who want the U.S. to allow them to stay and benefit from all the opportunities the U.S. has to offer. To give these opportunities to illegal immigrants “just because” while native-born citizens will then have to compete against illegal immigrants for positions in universities (as students) would be 100% unfair unless the illegal immigrants earned the right to those same opportunities.
Adult illegal immigrants should be deported back across the border, especially those who have criminal histories, to get “back in line” and await their turn to enter the U.S. Those illegal immigrants who have criminal histories (broke the laws while living in the U.S.) should not ever be allowed to gain lawful immigration, but banned forever from entering.
To summarize, I am not against immigration. I am against illegal immigration and the immigration of criminals and troublemakers. If an illegal immigrant wants to stay in the U.S., I understand that, because the U.S. is the most perfect union/country in the history of mankind. However, they should not just be given citizenship or legal status to stay as a “free gift”, but earn the right to stay and apply for opportunities and benefits this country has to offer.
I am not “against” any race, any color of skin, any religion, or anything else. I am against criminals, troublemakers, and people who want to fundamentally change the United States of America.
You want to stay here? Fine. Earn the right to stay here and stay out of trouble. Be a good citizen—or be unceremoniously kicked out.
- Illegal Immigrants Line Up for Deportation Deferals (nytimes.com)
- The Caucus: G.O.P. Platform Takes Hard Line on Immigration (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Demystifying the Law: Illegal Immigration (blogs.lawyers.com)
- Kobach takes on Obama immigration policy change (kansascity.com)
- Illinois State Police seize cash, illegal immigrant (kmov.com)
- Dream-Act students will pay $465 fee for legal status document (washingtontimes.com)
- Obama Administration Not Deporting As Many Illegals As They Claim (conservativeread.com)
- Kobach launches legal attack on Obama’s immigration policy (midwestdemocracy.com)
- Another Lie… Obama Said Deportations Were Up Under His Regime – They’re Not (thegatewaypundit.com)
- US under Romney would reform immigration (bigpondnews.com)