First lady Michelle Obama’s ski trip to Aspen, Colorado on President’s Day weekend with her two daughters cost taxpayers at least $83,182.99, Judicial Watch reported, part of almost $1 million of taxpayer money that Mrs. Obama has spent on three trips alone.
The cost for the trip, which FoxNews.com said was the 16th vacation in three years taken by the Obama family, tallies Secret Service protection and accommodations, flights, rental cars and food, according to Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and fights government corruption.
“No wonder we had to file a lawsuit in federal court and wait six months to get basic information on Michelle Obama’s luxury Aspen vacation,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The costs of the Obama family ski weekend are staggering. These high-priced luxury vacations, and the lack of transparency about them, are beginning to seem like an abuse of office.”
A trip to Spain in 2010 by Michelle Obama, family, and staff cost taxpayers $467,585 and a trip by the First Lady and family to South Africa and Botswana last year cost $424,142 for the flight and crew alone, according to Judicial Watch.
SIXTEEN VACATIONS! SIXTEEN!! They are spending taxpayer money recklessly! They don’t need even TEN vacations. They are just wasting taxpayer money globe-hopping! When was the last time YOU had 16 vacations in three years?
Wake up, Americans! The Obama’s are screwing our nation, our treasury, and us!
- Michelle Obama’s ski trip cost taxpayers $83,000 (cajunconservatism.wordpress.com)
- Judicial Watch: Michelle Obama’s ‘Low-Key’ Aspen Trip Cost Taxpayers Roughly $83K (twtface.com)
- Obama is going to talk himself out of his job. (jacksonville.typepad.com)
- Michelle Obama’s 26 Servants Cost Taxpayers $1.75 Million A Year (riehlworldview.com)
- Leavin’ On A (tax-payer funded) Jet Plane (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)